The London Hardcourt Bike Polo Association (LHBPA) was founded in 2009 to encourage, support and develop participation in the sport of hardcourt bicycle polo throughout London.
Here are the LHBPA’s current aims:
- Encourage, support and develop participation in the sport of hard-court bicycle polo in London.
- Develop access to suitable playing areas and provision of training facilities for its members.
- Actively promote the sport and the London bike polo community and act as a central resource for information relating to the sport.
- Support, develop and manage a sustainable framework of play and competition.
- Support a network of communication between players and polo organisations on a local, national, and international level.
- Enable players of Bike Polo in London to have a say in the future of the game.
With the following objectives:
- Encourage and support the creation of a national or international governing body or association to which LHBPA can be affiliated.
- Provide public liability insurance for tournaments and the league, allowing the work to be done once rather than each time a new event is planned.
- Create a central online resource for information relating to bike polo in London.
- Agree and Publish a standard set of rules and their regional variations.
- Lobby local councils and other appropriate bodies for access to and provision of suitable playing areas.
- Develop and deliver an action plan for the encouragement of new players to the sport.
- Develop and support / provide training at all levels.
- Get Bike Polo recognised as an official sport by Sport England.
- Support, develop and manage appropriate leagues and competitions for the purpose of establishing regular competitive play in London.
The LHBPA is always looking for new members and actively encourages all London polo players to join. If you would like to join the LHBPA, or would like some more information on how to join, click here.
Polo mallets waiting to be shuffled